CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
DRIVER / MESSENGER – (1 POST- LOCAL) – Job Code & Job Grade – ED04/A2 –
Position reports to Secretary General.
The Job holder shall be responsible for provision of Effective driving services, safe transportation of personnel and property, safe operation of the vehicle and courier services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Drives the Secretary General and other designated persons to various destinations as instructed
2. Collects and delivers goods and documents
3. Cleans and checks the condition of vehicles and ensuring sound upkeep
4. Ensures safety of persons, products and goods in the vehicle
5. Ensures safe custody of vehicle possession
6. Observes and complies with traffic and local authority by-laws
7. Ensures valid road taxes and licenses for vehicles are available
8. Reports any malfunction of motor vehicle assigned
9. Reconfirms that repair work on the vehicle is satisfactorily done
10.Makes record of weekly mileage travelled
11. Performs any other duties related to this Job
Key Performance Indicators
1. Number of vehicle accidents
2. Frequency of Traffic rules violation
3. Incidents of delays, losses and mix-up in documents and goods
4. Incident of vehicle loss
5. Cleanliness of the assigned vehicle
6. Number of Customer complaints on driver’s driving and conduct
· High School Graduate (10th/12th Grade Complete)
· Driving License with required classes authorization
Years of Experience
· 8+ years driving experience
· Working experience in Power Utility shall be an added advantage
· Basic Automotive Mechanical knowledge
· Basic Automotive Electrical knowledge
· Knowledge of city and country road network
Skills & Abilities
· Interpersonal Skills
· Team Work Skills
· Communication Skills
· Customer Care Skills
· Basic understanding and communication of English Language
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
· Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their Application Letters and Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) either online to email@example.com or submit physically to the EAPP office, House 531, Kebele 01, Kirkos Sub-City,
Addis Ababa. Tel. +251-11-557 2399 on or before 30th August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer