CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
Position: Finance Officer – (1 Post)
Position reports to: Finance, Human Resource & Administration Manager
Job Code & Job Grade: EC01/D1
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Job holder shall be responsible for managing the finance sub-unit to ensure availability and reliability of financial information for informed financial decisions
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Enters Accounting Transactions and maintains records for all financial activities
- Develops and documents finance system procedures
- Ensures compliance with norms, procedures and accounting instructions/standards
- Reviews financial operational procedures and advises on adequacy and changes.
- Prepares Financial statements
- Updates General Ledger
- Updates Fixed Assets Master data files and reconciles Fixed Asset ledger
- Processes payments, approves advance payments and revaluation of documents
- Participates in decisions on direct sale/trade deals of company assets
- Participates in projects financial feasibility studies
- Performs any other duties related to this Job
Key Performance Indicators
- Accuracy and reliability of Financial reports measured by number of Audit Qualifications
- Cycle Time Financial Reports submission
- Control of Budget & Expenditure
- Timeliness of payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Finance/Accounting
- Completed Certified Public Accountant Level II
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance shall be an added advantage
Years of Experience
- 12+ years Professional Working Experience in Finance/Accounting function of 8 years in Power Utility.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting & Analysis
- Knowledge of handling international donor funded projects
- Financial Accounting packages and software
- Analytical Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Data Gathering Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Good Command of English Skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position is Open only to employees of EAPP Member Utilities who are up to date with membership contribution. Please check with your utility before applying.
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
- Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their
- Application Letters and
- Detailed/Updated Curriculum Vitae (CVs) Online indicating current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, e-mail and telephone contacts.
- While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum Vitae.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com on or before 31st August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is ‘an Equal Opportunity Employer’