CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
Position: Market Analyses Officer – (1 Post)
Position reports to: Marketing & Trading Manager.
Job Code & Job Grade – DC01/2
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Responsible for the performance of the power markets and recommendation of the structure of the regional energy market and organize market participants accordingly
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyses and records short and long term electric energy requirements in the region.
- Assists daily forecasts of whole sale power prices and market trends.
- Utilizes efficient power purchase among multiple buyers and sellers
- Allocates wholesale power purchases complying with contractual obligations
- Supports daily, monthly and other purchases of wholesale power
- Supports energy risk management transactions execution
- Assists in market design and development process
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Sufficient and accurate market trend analysis data
- Provision of support to other marketing functions
- Efficiency of the Market
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Economics
- Professional registration with relevant body
- Master’s degree in related field shall be an added advantage
Years of Experience
- 12+ years Professional Working Experience in Energy Marketing and Trading Analyses of which 8 years should be in Power Utility
- In depth knowledge of Energy Market
- In depth knowledge of Market Analyses
- In depth knowledge of Marketing Trends
Skills & Abilities
- Analytical and Data Collection Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Marketing & Forecasting Skills
- Good Command of English Language
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position is Open only to employees of EAPP Member Utilities who are up to date with membership contribution. Please check with your utility before applying.
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
- Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their
- Application Letters and
- Detailed/Updated Curriculum Vitae (CVs) Online indicating current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, e-mail and telephone contacts.
- While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum Vitae.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com on or before 31st August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is ‘an Equal Opportunity Employer’