CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
Position: Office Assistant – (1 Post- Local ) Job Code & Job Grade – AD01/C1
Position reports to Secretary General
The Job holder shall be responsible for management of the Secretary General’s Office and facilitating communication with internal and external customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for receiving and answering telephone calls, e-mail and other
messages to ensure follow up by the Secretary General
2. Draft responses for routine correspondences or signature of Secretary General
3. Attends and records minutes of meetings as required
4. Follow up pending issues, arranging meetings and keeps both internal and
external communication accordingly
5. Types letters, forms and reports
6. Arranges and coordinate the Secretary General’s travel
7. Carries out office administrative duties including reminding work unit heads on
deadline and tracking progress on various assignments.
8. Maintains the Diary of the Secretary General
9. Maintains an effective filing and record management system for the Secretary
10. Ensures safety and security of information in the office of the Secretary General.
11. Performs any other duties related to this Job
Key Performance Indicators
1. Accuracy of the Secretary General’s Appointments and Travel Arrangement
2. Efficiency in operation of the Office of the Secretary General
3. Ease of access and retrieval of information from the office of the Secretary General
4. Cycle time, availability and accuracy of meetings proceedings
5. Incidents of confidentiality of information in the office of the Secretary General
6. Incidents of complaints on the office of Secretary General
Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Management or Business Administration
Years of Experience
· 8+ years Professional Working experience in Secretarial Work field
· Working Experience in a Multi-National Organization shall be an added advantage
· Working Experience in a Power Utility shall be an added advantage Knowledge
· Knowledge of Executive Office Management
· Knowledge of Records Management
· Knowledge of Shorthand Writing
Skills & Abilities
· Organizing Skills
· Communication Skills
· Minutes Writing Skills
· Interpersonal Skills
· Computer Literacy
· Good Command of English Language and Good Command of French Language shall be an added advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
· Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their Application Letters and Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) either online to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit physically to the EAPP office, House 531, Kebele 01, Kirkos Sub-City,
Addis Ababa. Tel. +251-11-557 2399 on or before 30th August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer