CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
Position : Planning Engineer – (1 Post)
Position reports to: System Planning, Programming & Environment Manager.
Job Code & Job Grade – EC01/D5
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The job holder shall be responsible for responsible for Technical and Economic Studies required to plan and evaluate the future generation and transmission additions to the Grid and updating the EAPP Power System Model.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides inputs for defining the scope, statement and requirements of investments
- Provides inputs for the selection of investment alternatives
- Provides inputs for the selection of technology for investment
- Provides inputs for the selection of investment opportunity
- Provides inputs of the investment file
- Accounts for the revision of the regional master plan including data collection and organizing for any related information from member countries
- Accounts for providing technical or any other related support to the planning sub-committee as necessary
- Follows up the progress of regional projects under construction,
- Periodically participates in supervision of construction and consolidation of progress report of projects
- Performs any other duties related to this Job
Key Performance Indicators
- Cycle time to define investment file i.e. from project identification to financial close
- Number of projects under construction supervised
- Compliance to the investment file
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration with relevant body
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering shall be an added advantage
Years of Experience
- 12+ years Professional Working Experience in Power System planning and Power System Analysis of which 8 years should be in Power Utility
Skills & Abilities
- In depth knowledge of Power System Planning Software
- In depth knowledge regional integration and interconnection
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Good Command of English Language
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position is Open only to employees of EAPP Member Utilities who are up to date with membership contribution. Please check with your utility before applying.
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
- Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their
- Application Letters and
- Detailed/Updated Curriculum Vitae (CVs) Online indicating current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, e-mail and telephone contacts.
- While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum Vitae.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com on or before 31st August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is ‘an Equal Opportunity Employer’