CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL (EAPP)
Position: Power Economist – (1 Post)
Position reports to: System Planning, Programming Social & Environment Protection Manager
Job Code & Job Grade: BC02/D3
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Job holder shall be responsible for Economic feasibility studies required to plan and evaluate the future generation and transmission additions to the regional Grid.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out cost analysis (financial and economic) for developing and determining the required cash flow ensuring that its technically and economically viable
- Collects relevant data and analyses the power market, present and future, in the vicinity of the project sites and determine the demand which could be supplied from the most economical source of energy.
- Compiles, plans and monitors the progress of projects
- Keeps breast latest methods and techniques in the economic planning approach
- Performs any other duties related to this Job
Key Performance Indicators
- Cycle time to define investment file i.e. from project identification to financial close
- Number of projects under construction supervised
- Compliance to the investment file
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Professional registration with relevant body
- Master’s degree in related field shall be an added advantage
Years of Experience
- 12+ years Professional Working Experience in Power System Planning of which 8 years should be in Power Utility
Skills & Abilities
- In depth Knowledge in Power Master plan
- In depth Knowledge of regional integration and interconnection
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Good Command of English Language
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position is Open only to employees of EAPP Member Utilities who are up to date with membership contribution. Please check with your utility before applying.
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered competitive remuneration package.
- Appointments for all the positions shall be on Four (4) years contract terms renewable subject to satisfactory performance & continuity of the Post.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested & Qualified applicants should submit their
- Application Letters and
- Detailed/Updated Curriculum Vitae (CVs) Online indicating current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, e-mail and telephone contacts.
- While applying, please quote the title of the position you are applying for in your Application Letter and include your day time telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees in your Curriculum Vitae.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st August 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) is ‘an Equal Opportunity Employer’