REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Name of the Project: Tanzania-Zambia Transmission Interconnector Project (P163752)
Grant No. D350
Assignment Title: Procurement Specialist of the EAPP – PIU
Reference No. ET-EAPP-85436-CS-INDV
The Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) intends to apply for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tanzania-Zambia Transmission Interconnector Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Procurement Specialist will include:
· Providing guidance to the EAPP on procurement aspects of the Project’s operation and ensure the maintenance of sound Procurement arrangements consistent with agreements, manuals and project documents;
· Finalize the draft Procurement Manual of EAPP;
· Prepare standard procurement/bidding documents for procurements financed from EAPP’s own resources;
· Assist EAPP in the establishment of a dedicated procurement sub-unit to handle and coordinate its procurement activities;
· Prepare Guidelines for Internal and External Procurement Audit of EAPP procurement transactions;
· Through tailor made class room based and on-the job trainings, build the capacity of the PMU’s Procurement Staff in procurement and contract management; and
· Be very pro-active in providing solutions where obstacles and difficulties are encountered in all aspects of the procurement.
The following skills are essential for this work:
· Academic specialization: The consultant should have a minimum of Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, law, Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
· Professional experience: S/he should have relevant work/practical experience of at least five years for applicants with MA/MSc degree or seven years for applicants with BA/BSc degree as a Procurement Specialist. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in projects financed by external donors such as the World Bank. Communication and training skills are essential.
· Training Requirement: The consultant should have taken training on public procurement
· Having experience with EAPP or other similar utilities will be an added advantage.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained on the following link:
The Eastern Africa Power Pool now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised in November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection (INDV) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the assignment/service is for three years, subject to 6 months’ probation period with satisfactory performance before confirmation. Continuation to the second and third years will be subject to satisfactory performance evaluated yearly. Expected start date is July 2019.
The EAPP is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Place of Work
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application file (Pdf format)
Consultants/Applicants interested in this assignment are required to submit expression of interest accompanied with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of passport as well as education degree(s) and other relevant certificates.
Deadline of Submission
Expressions of Interest together with CV and other relevant documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before May 17, 2019 at 11am East Africa Time, in PDF format by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “Expression of Interest for Procurement Specialist, Ref no: “ET-EAPP-85436-CS-INDV”