Project: Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175)
Position: Contract Management Specialist of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Somalia
Ref. No: ET-EAPP-291023-CS-INDV
- Organization: Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP)
- Duty station: Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Reports to: MoEWR– PIU Project Coordinator.
- Contract Period: One year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Expected Start Date: 1st September 2022.
HORN OF AFRICA REGIONAL INTEGRATION FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SUPPLY (P174175)
The Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175) is an Investment Project Financing operation. It will provide support to the priority activities identified by the HoA countries (Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, and Kenya). The project will finance critical transmission interconnectors to ensure that the HoA countries can benefit from regional trade under the EAPP and secure increased supply to meet a growing demand for socioeconomic development. It will also support access to grid, off-grid renewable connectivity, and clean cooking solutions for regional integration in the borderlands. Lastly, it will provide technical assistance and capacity building to national sector institutions and regional entities, including the Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP). A Project Preparation Advance has been established to ensure adequate project preparation of the project.
EAPP has requested 5 million USD as Project Preparation Advance from the World Bank to facilitate preparation of the Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175) Project and strengthen EAPP’s technical capacity for the same. Key tasks covered under the requested PPA include:
- Prepare Feasibility and Environment and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) studies for the proposed Ethiopia-Somalia Transmission Interconnectors
- Update of the Feasibility Study and ESIA for the second Ethiopia-Sudan Interconnector
- Hiring of EAPP Project Implementation Unit (PIU) consultants, operational costs, workshops, training
The EAPP now wishes to recruit a consultant Contract Management Specialist to strengthen the Ministry of Energy & Water Resources, Somalia Project Implementation Unit capacity during the initial stages of the project implementation. The position will be funded under the HOA RISES Project Preparation Activities Advance to EAPP.
MAJOR ROLE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Under the overall guidance and the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Contract Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the World Bank – regional financed projects implemented by and through the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources. The Contract Management Specialist will be responsible for assisting the project manager in project related activities, ensuring smooth operations of the project and consistency of project implementation in line with World Bank regulations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Consultant should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in in Engineering, Economics, Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- At least ten years’ experience after acquiring stipulated qualification out of which five years should be in Procurement or Contract Management or administration.
- Three years demonstrated experience with contract management of the public sector infrastructure projects.
- Specific experience in procurement and contract administration of World Bank’s or other International Financing Agencies financed projects would be an advantage
- Excellent IT / computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language and should have good communication skills and ability to write reports.
- Fluency in Somali language (oral and written) will be an added advantage.
REOI and TOR
Application file (Pdf format)
Consultants/Applicants interested in this assignment are required to submit expression of interest accompanied with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of passport as well as education degree(s) and other relevant certificates.
Deadline of Submission
Expressions of Interest together with CVs and other required documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before August 1 , 2022 at 4:00pm East Africa Time, in PDF format by using the following email address: email@example.com . Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “Expression of Interest for Contract Management Specialist, Ref no: “ET-EAPP-291023-CS-INDV”
|REOI – Contract Management Specialist -MoEWR||1st Aug. 2022|
|TOR – Contract Management Specialist -MoEWR||1st Aug. 2022|