Project: Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175)
Recruitment of a Substation and Transmission Line Design Engineer for the EAPP - PIU
Reference No. ET-EAPP-342546-CS-INDV
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
The Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Project Preparation of the Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (HOARISES) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services (the Services”) include providing the service of a Substation and Transmission Line Design Engineer.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Substation and Transmission Line Design Engineer will include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Provide oversight of all activities related to power system engineering to ensure that studies and technical assistances are conducted properly;
- Provide continuous technical and strategic advice to the EAPP General Secretariat, Technical Committee members, member utilities, and other stakeholders;
Support EAPP in knowledge sharing and represent the team at relevant forums
The Substation and Transmission Line Engineer shall meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University. MSc in Power, Electrical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated practical experience in design and tender document preparation for transmission lines and substations of 220kV and above, particularly in the selection of substation sites, transmission routings, selection and design of different types of towers, selection and design of conductors and accessories, selection of telecommunication, protection and control equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable standards for transmission line and substation design such as IEC and IEEE standards.
- Broad knowledge of power electronics, substation equipment, FSC, SVC/ STATCOM and FACTS.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment with a capacity to work pro-actively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; skills in French will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in the use of word processor, spreadsheets, and other power system design applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of power system engineering software for transmission line design.
- Demonstrated Experience in the procedures and policies of International Development Institutions such as the World Bank and African Development Bank
The Eastern Africa Power Pool now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Duration of the Assignment
The contract duration of the assignment/service is for one year, renewable. Renewal of contract for an additional year(s) will be subject to satisfactory performance of the Consultant evaluated yearly. The expected start date is July 2023.
The EAPP is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Place of Work
Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) Secretariat Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Application file (Pdf format)
Consultants/Applicants interested in this assignment are required to submit an expression of interest accompanied by their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of their passport as well as education degree(s) and other relevant certificates.
Deadline of Submission
Expressions of Interest together with CVs and other required documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before May 26, 2023, at 16:00 hours East Africa Time, in PDF format by using the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR RECRUITMENT OF A SUBSTATION AND TRANSMISSION LINE DESIGN ENGINEER, REF. NO.: “ET-EAPP-342546-CS-INDV”.
EASTERN AFRICA POWER POOL
|REOI – Substation and TXLine Design Engineer||May 26 2023|
|TOR – Substation and TX Line Design Engineer||May 26 2023|