Project: Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175)
Position: Procurement Specialist – PIU
Ref. No: ET-EAPP-255813-CS-INDV
- Organization: Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP)
- Department: Eastern Africa Power Pool – Project Implementation Unit (EAPP – PIU)
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Reports to: EAPP – PIU Project Manager
- Contract Period: one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
- Expected Start Date: 2nd January, 2022.
The Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply Project (P174175) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Procurement Specialist will include (but not necessarily limited to the following tasks):-
- Prepare Annual Procurement Plans;
- Develop/Update as necessary the Project Procurement Strategy Document (PPSD);
- Develop, implement and periodically update the Project Procurement Plan in consultation with the World Bank and the EAPP;
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with World Bank Regulations and procedures;
- Prepare and manage the issuing of Solicitation Documents for all procurements;
- Prepare procurement adverts and have them published locally, and where appropriate, internationally;
- Manage the receipt and opening of bids and proposals;
- Take responsibility for receiving formal bids and bid guarantees and keeping them safely;
- Guide/assist the Procurement Evaluation Committees in the evaluation of EOIs/Bids/Proposals and prepare Evaluation Reports;
- Prepare all requests for approvals of procurement activities to the World Bank;
- Ensure that procurement complaints are handled following the WB Procurement Regulations;
- Provide inputs on procurement for the development/updating of the Project Operation Manual;
- Provide guidance/assistance in the management, completion of contracts and preparation of contract amendments;
- Prepare procurement contracts and guide/assist in their management;
- Maintain a database of all procurement activities for the project;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement reports;
- Establish a procurement tracking system and monitor procurement activities including the dispatch of procurement documents, short-landings, damages, and necessary arrangements for insurance;
- Ensure timely receipt of invoices, reports, goods, and services;
- Ensure efficient and timely management and completion of contracts, and preparation of contract amendments;
- Develop, design, and execute a procurement filing and record management system;
- Facilitate internal and External Procurement Audits; and
- Develop and deliver a sustainable Capacity Building Program for the EAPP Procurement Staff, and undertake any other functions directly related to the efficient execution of procurement
The following skills are essential for this work:
Academic specialization: The consultant should have a minimum of Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, law, Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Professional experience: S/he should have relevant work/practical experience of at least five years for applicants with MA/MSc degree or seven years for applicants with BA/BSc degree as a Procurement Specialist. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in projects financed by external donors such as the World Bank. Communication and training skills are essential.
- Training Requirement: The consultant should have taken training on public procurement
- Having experience with EAPP member countries utilities or other similar utilities will be an added advantage.
REOI and TOR
Expressions of Interest together with CVs and other required documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before December 7, 2021 at 4:00pm East Africa Time, in PDF format by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “Expression of Interest for Procurement Specialist, Ref no: “ET-EAPP-255813-CS-INDV”.
|REOI – Procurement Specialist||7.12.2021|
|TOR – Procurement Specialist||7.12.2021|