Project: Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175)
Position: Assistant Project Coordinator for the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Somalia
- Organization: Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP)
- Duty station: Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Reports to: MoEWR– PIU Project Coordinator.
- Contract Period: One year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Expected Start Date: 1st November 2022.
HORN OF AFRICA REGIONAL INTEGRATION FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SUPPLY (P174175)
The Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply Project (P174175) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the recruitment of the Assistant Project Coordinator for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR).
Under the overall guidance of the Project Coordinator within the MoEWR, the Assistant Project Coordinator is expected to work together with the other experts in the Project Implementation Unit (PIU)), in assisting the Project Coordinator in the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the World Bank – regional financed projects implemented by and through the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources and will comprise the following tasks:
Support Project Implementation: provide support guaranteeing quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through;
- Providing day-to-day support to project and thematic activities implementation with the aim to enable conformity to expected results, outputs, objectives, and work plans.
- Perform administrative duties and provide logistics support to programme and technical staff of PIU team.
- Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the PIU, including drafting correspondence, taking minutes, arranging for the processing of government clearances, making travel arrangements, and related tasks.
- Manages the organization of events, workshops, and roundtables, including the preparation and dissemination of information, and their follow-up communications. Follows up on travel arrangements and payments for participants of events organized;
- Be responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing, and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken. Assist in preparing monthly project reports, annual project reports, and update project files. Prepare minutes of project meetings. Prepare all documentation for contract issuance;
- Support communication and contact with project beneficiaries, government agencies, and other partners;
- Maintaining and updating administrative files with necessary confidentiality where required
- Assists in the organization of field visits and staff missions as required by the project and thematic activities
- Scheduling and coordination of meetings and events;
- Assist in collecting and compiling project progress reports, work plans, and other project-related documents.
- Prepares all related background materials for discussions, correspondence, and briefing sessions.
- Provide support to the PIU team in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of program results (communication, agenda, etc.);
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the PIU Project Coordinator.
Support planning, monitoring, and evaluation: in articulation with the PIU Project Coordinator, the Assistant Project Coordinator will;
- Support the elaboration of project work plans;
- Support the elaboration of project procurement plans;
- Support the organization of project reviews;
- Support the timely preparation and submission of progress reports, project reviews, and any other required project reports;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the PIU Project Coordinator
- Responsible for providing technical, organizational, and administrative assistance in general project execution and management, and day-to-day liaison with counterparts.
REOI and TOR
The Eastern Africa Power Pool now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method (INDV) set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Application file (Pdf format)
Consultants/Applicants interested in this assignment are required to submit expression of interest accompanied with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of passport as well as education degree(s) and other relevant certificates.
Deadline of Submission
Expressions of Interest together with CVs and other required documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before August 15, 2022, at 4:00 pm East Africa time, in PDF format by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF THE ASSISTANT PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR THE MOEWR – PIU, REF. NO: “ET-EAPP-291025-CS-INDV”.
|REOI – Assistant Project Coordinator-MoEWR||15th Aug. 2022|
|TOR – Assistant Project Coordinator-MoEWR||15th Aug. 2022|