Project: Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175)
Position: Power Engineer, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Somalia
- Position: Power Engineer of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Somalia
- Ref. No: ET-EAPP-291022-CS-INDV
- Organization: Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP)
- Duty station: Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Reports to: MoEWR– PIU Project Coordinator
- Contract Period: One year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Expected Start Date: 1st November 2022.
HORN OF AFRICA REGIONAL INTEGRATION FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SUPPLY (P174175)
The Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175) is an Investment Project Financing operation. It will provide support to the priority activities identified by the HoA countries (Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, and Kenya). The project will finance critical transmission interconnectors to ensure that the HoA countries can benefit from regional trade under the EAPP and secure increased supply to meet growing demand for socioeconomic development. It will also support access to grid, off-grid renewable connectivity, and clean cooking solutions for regional integration in the borderlands. Lastly, it will provide technical assistance and capacity building to national sector institutions and regional entities, including the Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP). A Project Preparation Advance has been established to ensure adequate project preparation of the project.
EAPP has requested 5 million USD as Project Preparation Advance from the World Bank to facilitate preparation of the Horn of Africa Regional Integration for Sustainable Energy Supply (P174175) Project and strengthen EAPP’s technical capacity for the same. Key tasks covered under the requested PPA include:
- Prepare Feasibility and Environment and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) studies for the proposed Ethiopia-Somalia Transmission Interconnectors
- Update of the Feasibility Study and ESIA for the second Ethiopia-Sudan Interconnector
- Hiring of EAPP Project Implementation Unit (PIU) consultants, operational costs, workshops, training
- The Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR) has established a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to carry out the day-to-day activities of project planning, coordination, and implementation of the World Bank energy Projects in Somalia. The Ministry intends to engage a consultant to work as the Power Engineer within the PIU to oversee the coordination of the regional projects. These Terms of Reference define the scope of activities and responsibilities of the Assistant Project Coordinator
The EAPP now wishes to recruit a consultant Power Engineer to strengthen the Ministry of Energy & Water Resources, Somalia Project Implementation Unit capacity during the initial stages of the project implementation. The position will be funded under the HOA RISES Project Preparation Activities Advance to EAPP
REOI and TOR
Application file (Pdf format)
Consultants/Applicants interested in this assignment are required to submit an expression of interest accompanied with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of passport as well as education degree(s), and other relevant certificates.
Deadline of Submission
Expressions of Interest together with CVs and other required documents should be sent to the General Secretary, Eastern Africa Power Pool (EAPP) on or before August 26, 2022, at 4:00 pm East Africa Time, in PDF format by using the following email address: email@example.com. Expressions of Interest should be clearly marked – “Expression of Interest for Power Engineer, Ref no: “ET-EAPP-291022-CS-INDV”
|REOI for Power Engineer
|August 26, 2022
|August 26, 2022